As a leading regional scaffolding specialist, working with high profile general builders across Essex, Suffolk and wider East Anglia, this business has moved from strength to strength since their incorporation nearly a decade ago, gaining a growing reputation for timely, quality and efficient work, whether they are erecting straightforward access or more complex and technical scaffold structures, across a range of challenging project.
Looking to take the next step in their journey, they seek to appoint an Assistant Contracts Surveyor to the business, and are looking for a motivated, ambitious individual who is keen to get stuck into all areas of the business; from monitoring project financials and ensuring the company are maximising profit through to on-site supervision, involvement in works programmes, procurement and general day-to-day business administration. The successful applicant will work closely with the Directors, helping them to ensure the business operates efficiently.
- Preparing detailed breakdown of costs for each stage of work across a wide range of scaffolding projects.
- Procuring materials and sub-contract labour, including subsequently vetting them to ensure high standards.
- Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items including on-site measurements and variations of work.
- Assist in compiling project programmes and ensuring adherence on site, also liaising with main contractors / developers with regard to programme changes.
- On-site supervision of labour where necessary.
- Assisting in general day-to-day business administration including accounts, material control, labour allocation, etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Degree / HND qualification, or working towards, in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management is desirable but not essential (the company is willing to look at education sponsorship).
- Previous building industry experience is essential, and it is highly desirable that applicants have previous knowledge of the scaffolding trade.
- Based locally to Essex / Suffolk.
What to do next:
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, apply via the link below and we look forward to discussing the role in more detail with you.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in hearing of different opportunities, we'd still be keen to hear from you, so please get in touch on the number provided.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence.