This organisation are looking to add a Trainee / Assistant Estimator to their current estimating team to be based at their Stansted office. The company has been established for over 100 years and has created a much respected name in the UK construction industry. The organisation undertake all levels of new build, refurbishment and fit out across various sectors, including: commercial, education, industrial, residential and healthcare. Along with main contracting, the organisation specialise in shop fit-out and have a strong client base which includes the likes of: Co-Op, Tesco and Aldi. Projects are carried out across the South East and London and range from small scale jobs to large scale, multi-million pound projects.
As Assistant Estimator, you'll be responsible for working on pre-contract and tender activity across a range of exciting general contracting works, and will also have the opportunity to get stuck into pricing in-house developments, offering a role with great diversity.
* Assist with all tender activity including pricing, preparation and submission.
* Provide detailed breakdowns of tenders
* Obtain best value sub-contract and supplier prices
* Procurement of sub-contract works including documentation and compliance
* Attend regular tender review meetings
* Effective communication with clients, suppliers, external consultants and colleagues through to senior management.
* Preparing high quality bids
Qualifications / Experience
Construction related Degree / equivalent, ideally Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management.
Previous experience working for a main contractor is preferred, ideally 1-3 years.
UK Full Driving License
What to do next
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, apply via the link below and we look forward to discussing the role in more detail with you.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in hearing of different opportunities, we'd still be keen to hear from you, so please get in touch on the number provided.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence.