Assistant Site Manager
Ref No: VAC-306087_1515585606
Discipline: Assistant Site Manager
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Assistant Site Manager
A leading UK house builder on a rapid growth plan are looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Site Manager to work on a temporary to permanent basis in the North West.
This is initially a temporary position, starting ASAP.
Reporting to the Project Manager based on site you will be responsible for ensuring the successful completion of the building works in terms of safety, customer care, quality, profitability and to run the Build programme from commencement to completion.
As an Assistant Site Manager, your job responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervises and ensures that all construction work under their control is built in accordance with the programme of works.
- Ensures effective control of subcontractors in maintaining all necessary quality control checks to ensure the required standard by complying with the relevant specification and working practices.
- Prepares schedules of defects and ensures completion in accordance with programme.
- Liaises with Site Manager in the preparation of final inspections.
- Liaises with the Site Manager and Materials Controller regarding the calling off of materials and for adjustment of schedules pertaining to under scheduling and surplus requirements.
- Liaises with the Site Manager and Materials Controller with regard to positioning/storing and protection of materials.
- Liaises with Site Manager regarding the performance and assessment of subcontractors.
- Liaises with Site Manager regarding the maintenance of daily and weekly records.
- Maintains all aspects of the requirements laid down by the Health and Safety Executive and the Factory Inspectorate and ensure at all times that the security of buildings is maintained.
- Liaises with Site Manager regarding the handover process of plots at completion.
- Liaises with Site Manager prior to meetings and inspections by client, to enable discrepancies/peculiarities to be raised and clarified.
- Liaises with the Site Sales Team/Site Manager regarding handover dates and purchaser occupation and/or any purchaser queries raised prior to and after occupation.
Skills and experience required:
- Passionate about construction, house building and customer service.
- Proven knowledge and experience of Building & Construction
- Sound knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare facilities and CDM
- Good communication, organisation, collator, delegator and man management
- Articulate, numerate, literate and able to read drawings
- Advantageous to hold ONC, HNC certificate in construction
- CSCS Card, First Aid, SMSTS/SSTS
As this is initially a temporary position, the hourly rate will be negotiable dependant on experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and would like more information, please contact Laura Burns or Chelsey at Bromak. Alternatively, you can apply via the link below.