Assistant Site Manager
Ref No: VAC-306432_1518188498
Discipline: Assistant Site Manager
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £35000 - £38000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
This top ten house builder build a wide range of homes for first time buyers to family homes offering all inclusive specifications. All homes are built to exacting industry standards and undergo regular inspections by the NHBC to ensure quality of build and have a dedicated commitment to quality and service.
A medium sized house builder seeks to appoint Assistant Site Manager to work on new build housing development based in South Oxfordshire.
As an Assistant Site Manager, you will support and assist the Site Manager to effectively motivate, support and manage the site based team to ensure that the required health, safety and environmental performance standards are achieved. You will contribute to the efficient and safe management of the building site and help maintain all necessary records and documents throughout every stage of the development.
The development is based in a village in South Oxfordshire, properties range from 2 bed homes to 5 bed detached properties.
- Ensure the site achieves the required health and safety and environmental performance standards -
- Assist with maintaining production in line with build programme and quality best practice
- Effectively manage the site based team and site materials in the absence of the Site Manager
- Ensure the site team deliver excellent customer service through the customer journey
- Maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people, you will be able to achieve deadlines whilst working under pressure
- Plan and manage site order to ensure site waste is reduced
- Ensure all Trades are using the correct PPE
- Ensure that the site is secure at the end of each day
-Complete forklift checklist on a weekly basis
Skills & Experience
- Applicants must have previous experience working in a similar role for a residential house builder
- Must have up-to-date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to work cohesively and motivate others
- Ability to manage change and use their own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle complex situations whilst motivating others
- Appropriate CSCS card, Valid SMSTS, First Aid certificate
- Other H&S certificates required include: Scaffold Appreciation, LOLER
- Trade background - Joinery/Bricklaying
What do to next:
If you are interested in this role and would to have a confidential chat, please contact Barbara Kelly at Bromak on 07790788455 or reply to the link below.