Ref No: VAC-304526
Discipline: Senior Project Manager
Location: County Durham
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum + package
Start Date: ASAP
Build Manager - New Build Housing Developments
Competitive salary + package
This is an opportunity for a Build Manager to work for a regional housebuilder who pride themselves in delivering quality homes. The company has a development in County Durham where they require a Build Manager to join the business on a permanent basis.
The role - Build Manager - New Build Housing Developments
You will be an experienced Build Manager who can support continued business growth in the North East region. You will be reporting to the Regional Director and will be responsible for managing and controlling project delivery to meet programmes in accordance with the company policies and procedures on new build developments. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to details is of upmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
- Assist in compiling data on potential sites to be purchased, including liaising with the Technical and Commercial Departments in relation to soils investigations, trial holes, and with Area Surveyor in obtaining quotations for demolition, security, etc.
- Responsible for planning and programming the site in line with the approved feasibility and in accordance with the preliminary budgets and estimates. Approve staffing levels and site set-up requirements.
- Oversee and ensure that all staff directly under your control, including sub-contractors, work in accordance and comply with the Company Safety Policy.
- Prepare the Site Safety Plan, check all assessments are in place and regularly updated, ensure all matters relating to COSHH are in place and that all sub-contractors and suppliers comply with Construction Health & Safety requirements.
- Responsible for undertaking an audit of Health & Safety procedures on a regular basis.
- To ensure checks are made, that all persons operating plant and equipment are correctly certified.
- In conjunction with the Technical and Commercial Departments, responsible for highlighting and resolving queries and problems.
- Be conversant with latest NHBC standards, liaise with NHBC inspectors and Area Mangers and ensure Reportable Items are kept to a minimum and should a development be under LA Building control, liaise with their inspectors as necessary.
- Responsible for attending to any specific problems concerning Service Authorities and to ensure that these are processed in line with the development programme.
- Responsible, where necessary, for reinforcing requirements with regards to labour and material. As well as corresponding on shortages of labour, quality of workmanship, quality of materials and take whatever appropriate action is required to overcome these specific problems, including terminating orders where persistent breaches have occurred.
- Attend the regular site meetings to discuss, monitor and overcome disputes and problems of either a financial or productivity nature.
- In line with the company's Customer Care Policy work to resolve any customer related problems that arise.
- Be aware of all company policies, including customer care, final inspection, key release, nine month check and endeavour to gain a good position in internal league tables.
- To monitor sub-contractors performances in this respect and take immediate and appropriate action if it is evident that a specific sub-contractor regularly produces sub-standard workmanship.
- Attend weekly sales/build meetings.
- Attend monthly SMT meetings and prepare information and reports for presentation at the meeting.
- Liaise with both the Sales Department with regards to specific requirements, preparation for "Open Weekends", special promotions, etc.
- On the commencement of each project provide a clear programme indicating the show house completion dates and legal completion dates in line with the development/budgeted programme in conjunction with the Regional Directors releases.
- Prior to the commencement of each development, liaise with the Technical and Commercial Departments with regards to the environmental assessment, notifying all local residents of the intended site commencement date and liaising with any local schools, community centres, regarding potential site hazards and other health and safety items.
- Report on a regular basis to your Regional Director and the Construction Director on progress, problems, customer care, Health & Safety issues, any threatened legal action, etc.
- All encompassing role with regards to the successful commencement and completion of all projects directly under their control and must ensure that the Board's requirements and expectations in respect of profitability, safety, sales and quality are fully met and all staff under their control thoroughly understand and are capable of meeting company requirements.
- To comply with the Groups Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the motivation, training and assessment of relevant staff, as applicable.
To qualify for this position you must have experience working on new build housing schemes and have a proven track record in delivery of volume house building. Ideally you would have already worked for a housebuilder of medium to large size. You will also have a sound knowledge of Health & Safety on site and have good technical and commercial awareness. In addition, you MUST hold a relevant CSCS card, SMSTS, valid First Aid and Scaffold Appreciation certificates. Having won an NHBC award would be particularly advantageous.
What is on Offer for the Build Manager - New Build Housing Build Manager
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package including company car or car allowance, medical cover and pension. A bonus scheme is also in place. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful house builder who build a quality product.
How to apply for the Site Manager - New Build Housing Site Manager - If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jessica Sfyris at Bromak.
All applications will be dealt with the strictest confidence.