Ref No: VAC-304184_1502376810
Discipline: Contracts Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + 4000 car allowance
Start Date: ASAP
We are recruiting for a new Contracts Manager for our clients various Construction projects throughout the North- West, mainly covering the Manchester and Cheshire areas.
The successful application will have a proven track record in Construction Contract Management and be able to deliver projects to the required quality standard within the agreed timescale.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- * Deliverance of high quality end results for projects to client satisfaction within the set timescale and
- * Develop excellent relationships with client representatives and consultants
- * Preparation and conduction of project programmes
- * Develop, motivate and retain high quality employees
- * Understand budget, control cost and deliver projects within the forecast cost
- * Ensure compliance with all internal and external policies including Health, Safety and Environmental, CDM and statutory regulations.
- * Carry out site quality audits and take appropriate action
- * Provide technical support and advice to the client, project supervisor and operatives
- * Identify, manage and advise the Managing Director of any risk
- * Liaise with supply chain
- * Achieve the highest standards of customer care service and service delivery
- * Ensure accurate reporting
- * Plan cost effective use of resources
- * Ensure all pre-construction requirements for the successful delivery of projects are met
- * Maintain high level of control of all assets including vehicles, tools, hired and owned plant, ect
You will have extensive construction management experience, gained in a similar environment including cost control; you will also have experience of managing multiple projects up to the value of £1m. As a result of this you will have experience of delivering projects with a mixture of directly employed tradesmen and subcontractors which will require you to have excellent interpersonal skills. You will have the ability to work to and develop operating procedures and a good understanding of the building industry and similar sectors.
- * Employee management and team developing skills with particular focus on leading a team of managers
- * Full working knowledge of CDM and Building Regulations
- * Full understanding of Health & Safety legislation and statutory requirements including COSHH and IEE regulations
- * Proven ability to create, monitor and interrogate construction programmes
- * Ability to read and interrogate construction drawings
- * Relevant professional qualifications
- * 5 days CITB Site Safety Management training scheme
- * ACIOB/MCIOB or ONC/HNC in Construction
- * IT literate
- * Mobile
- * Strong client liaison skills
The role carries a competitive basic salary in the £45,000 - £50,000 range (dependent on experience) plus a comprehensive benefits package in line with the position including a car allowance of £4000 and a health-care scheme. There would also be the opportunity to develop professionally for those who wish advancement.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Natasha or alternatively call Bromak to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.