Ref No: VAC-306089_1515583211
Discipline: Design Coordinator
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £39000 - £40000 per annum + package
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Up to £40k plus package
My client are an affordable housebuilder, who work across the affordable housebuilding sector building 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. They also have a spec housing sector within the company.
Working within their design division; hey now require a Design Coordinator to manage a number of upcoming projects which are due to start later this year.
- Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Design Coordinator will be responsible for all site activities including viability studies, planning applications, taking through to site and providing technical support.
- Collate the Pre-Construction Health & Safety plan for approval.
- Prepare / amend and monitor the Procurement Programme, Timber frame and / or Concrete Schedule and manage problems / slippage. Lead regular progress meetings, record and circulate minutes.
- Monitor progress of tender issue.
- Monitor costs / budgets monthly for fee expenditure.
- Check invoices for approval.
- Register properties with NHBC / Building Control.
- Manage the progress and procurement of the commissioning of road & sewer designs relative to architect layouts ensuring that Technical Approval is received prior to start on site.
- Programme the laying of on-site service mains.
- Manage the progress and procurement of the commissioning of foundation designs and detailing.
- Coordinate the production of Budget Pack and Start on Site Checklist for approval.
- Oversee and procure adoption of public open spaces.
- Oversee and procure adoption of roads & sewers.
- Full site set-up responsibility
- Progression of all required services
- Appointment and management of all external consultants (remediation etc.)
To be considered for this position you will be required to have the following background and experience:
- Engineering background gained with a Housebuilder - beneficial
- Architectural background may also be considered
- Experience of the full development lifecycle
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Proactive and able to manage your own workload
For more information please contact Jessica Fairbrother at Bromak on 0114 213 0900 or email Jessica.email@example.com