Ref No: VAC-307661_1526461160
Discipline: Development Engineer
Location: West Yorkshire
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + package
Start Date: ASAP
A regional 4* housebuilder seeks to appoint an office based Designer to work on various developments around the Yorkshire region. Paying a competitive basic salary of up to £45k + attractive benefits package, the company pride themselves on excellent staff retention and their high quality well built homes.
- Coordinate the production of design information to a written programme to ensure company targets are met for a controlled and cost effective construction operation.
- Produce, coordinate and submit planning applications and negotiate and obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals.
- Responsible for providing all necessary information to discharge planning conditions
- Submit and co-ordinate Building Regulations applications & condition discharge.
- Ensure that schemes are designed to the groups standards to suit building, marketing and economic considerations and be competitive in design terms: the schemes are to be produced within a time limit to suit programme deadlines and must take into account external factors e.g. Local Authority Planning/Highways Departments and Local Committees.
- Coordinate and/or produce layouts and working drawings. Assist in the production of Technical and Design Reports for Land Appraisals.
- Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings.
- Advise Land Department on Technical viability of new sites
- Ensure updated Group drawings are issued in accordance with department procedures.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales Departments and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
- Produce and check sales and legal information.
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so implementing change.
- Assist the Design Manager in fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants.
- Responsibility for the Sales / Legal set up meeting and associated documentation and checking and auditing of all plans & associated drawings/brochures.
- Coordinate adoptions of open space areas and site exits.
The company pay competitively, with a basic salary of up to £45k and a benefits package which consists of 25 days holiday (+ statutory holidays), bonus and pension.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience as a Designer in the housebuilding sector would be essential
What to do next:
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, please apply via the link below or contact Adam at Bromak on 0114 213 0903.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence.
If this role is not for you, however you are interested in hearing about other opportunities Bromak may have, please call us on the above number.