One of the largest family owned civil engineering specialists in the UK with a demonstrable pedigree of delivering heavy civil engineering schemes across most of the country, this business has moved from strength to strength over the years by living and breathing their values, achieving recognition from the NCE consistently for the last few years..
As Estimator, you'll be responsible for taking the lead on pre-contract and tender activity across a range of exciting civil engineering works, with support around you from the existing estimating team. You'll have the opportunity to get stuck into a diverse range of projects, each with own challenges, covering things such as major highway construction and extension, bridges, heavy utilities and more.
- Oversee all tender activity including pricing, preparation and submission.
- Provide detailed breakdowns of tenders
- Obtain best value sub-contract and supplier prices
- Procurement of sub-contract works including documentation and compliance
- Hold and attend regular tender review meeting
- Effective communication with clients, suppliers, external consultants and colleagues through to senior management.
- Preparing high quality bids
Qualifications & Experience:
- Construction related Degree or equivalent, ideally Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management.
- A minimum of 5 years spent in a similar capacity within the civil engineering and groundworks sector.
- You'll ideally be situated locally to the Hampshire area.
What to do next:
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, apply via the link below and we look forward to discussing the role in more detail with you.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in hearing of different opportunities, we'd still be keen to hear from you, so please get in touch on the number provided.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence.