The Client Our client Our Client has 30 years in the business, they have carried out works for national and local house builders, local authorities and schools. They are a groundworks and landscaping company seeking a Junior Estimator to join their team based just outside of Colchester. Salary would be up to £25k depending on experience.
As Junior Estimator, you'll be responsible for working on pre-contract and tender activity across a range of exciting general contracting works, and will also have the opportunity to get stuck into pricing in-house developments, offering a role with great diversity.
- Assist with all tender activity including pricing, preparation and submission.
- Provide detailed breakdowns of tenders
- Obtain best value sub-contract and supplier prices
- Procurement of sub-contract works including documentation and compliance
- Attend regular tender review meetings
- Effective communication with clients, suppliers, external consultants and colleagues through to senior management.
- Preparing high quality bids
Qualifications / Experience
- Construction related Degree / equivalent, ideally Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management or working towards - Previous experience working for a main contractor is preferred. - UK Full Driving License
What to do next
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, apply via the link below and we look forward to discussing the role in more detail with you.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in hearing of different opportunities, we'd still be keen to hear from you, so please get in touch on the number provided.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence