Ref No: VAC-310463
Discipline: Project Manager
Industry: Building and Construction
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + plus package including car allowance
Start Date: ASAP
A young and dynamic contractor require an experienced Project Manager to join their growing team to work on a prestigious Manchester City Centre job.
Managing the works programme and a team of operatives and managers.
Working on projects across the North West of England on a mix of Commercial, Educational, Industrial and Residential works.
Salary on offer of £50,000+ plus package
A building services specialist, experienced in providing a range of mechanical and electrical works for a wide range of clients.
They offer a range of services from heating installations to full electrical rewires to the following sectors: Commercial, Educational, Industrial, Residential and Retail.
With in-house design and delivery teams, this growing company is capable of offering a full turn-key M&E solution, from design and consultancy, to delivery and maintenance.
To report directly to the Operations Manager on all matters relating to the day to day running of the construction developments.
To take full responsibility for the required standards of Health and Safety, protection of works, presentation and quality of the product on site.
To work on the agreed build programme and financial parameters set by the Operations Manager for the particular development.
You will be requested to work on one of the company's prestigious Manchester City centre projects however the company work on projects across the North West.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:-
- To understand and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all times, ensuring visitors to site are aware of the companies Health & Safety Policy and ensure that they do not go on site if they are not accompanied by a representative.
- Ensuring that Company Health & Safety Policies and procedures are strictly adhered to and work closely with Health & Safety Managers and Operations Teams.
- Maintaining up-to-date Health & Safety records.
- Ensuring all Environmental and Waste Management Policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
- Fully co-operate with the Company's Customer Care Policy.
- Ensure all directly employed personnel and sub-contractors work within the required specification and adhere to general Company Policies.
- Ensure that procedures and controls laid down by the Company are fully implemented by the site personnel.
- Motivating, supporting and managing site staff. Provide training, coaching, appraisal and support as required to improve the performance of directly employed site staff.
- Ensuring site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
- Take ownership of agreed build programmes at pre-start meetings and accept and check the full build package handed over at this meeting by the Company.
- Delivering all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
- Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers' requirements (NICEIC, Gas Safe, NHBC, LABC Services and the like).
- Ensuring cost effective production in line with development budgets by ensuring that the work undertaken is in full accordance with the cost provision allocated and as confirmed in cost valuations.
- Organising regular site production meetings and pre-plan and ensure efficient usage of all resources, including application of quality supervision and communication regime of labour, sub-contractors, plant and materials.
- Ensure that anything which is likely to affect the Company's performance is notified to the Operations Manager immediately.
- Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Operations Manager in accordance with Company Policy.
- Attending weekly Operational Meeting with the Operations Manager to keep each other appraised from both a health and safety and programming point of view.
- Ensure site security and good practice is maintained at all times.
- Ensure sensible level of stock control in accordance with build requirements including proper checking and recording of deliveries.
- Ensure the quality of finished product accords with Company and warranty provider expectations.
- Build in accordance with relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Building Regulations and warranty requirements in force at the time.
- Ensure all site administration is carried out in accordance with divisional Head Office requirements.
- Always represent the company professionally in both personal appearance and conduct.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with operational needs as requested by your managers.
To qualify for this role you will require the following:-
- Trade and Site experience essential
- Up-to-date knowledge of H&S and Safety obligations and building legislation
- CSCS Card (Manager level)
- Valid CITB SMSTS Certificate
- First Aid at Work
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IOSH Managing Safely (desirable)
- LOLER (desirable)
In return for your skills the company is looking to pay a basic salary of £50,000 - £55,000 plus company package including car allowance.
How to apply?
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, please apply via the link below or please contact Laura Murphy at Bromak for a confidential chat.