Ref No: VAC-303455_1502464472
Discipline: Quantity Surveyor
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + + Package
Start Date: 28/07/2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a 5 star builder based in the Norwich area.
The company have been awarded HBF 5 star rating in customer satisfaction for the past ten years. They specialise luxury apartments in highly sought after and prestigious locations. Their build consists of living accommodation along with commercial and leisure facilities to provide quality living for home owners.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the successful Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the financial control of contracts that you are allocated from inception to completion. Duties include:
- Analyse Construction Budget into Cost Codes
- Monitoring costs against an approved construction budget, sending out enquires, making payments and agreeing final accounts
- Send out enquiries to sub-contractors and make comparisons between quotations
- Monthly measures or valuation of each sub contractor's work for the purpose of making a monthly interim payment to the subcontractor and to input for the Cost Budget Reconciliation (CBR)
- Agree sub-contractors final accounts on completion of the contract and for reporting to the Commercial Manager
- Prepare and sign a payment requisition for each interim or final payment to be made to the subcontractors
- Placing sub-contractors using the company standard form with the aim of reducing areas of risk and claims for extras
- Procure all building materials and products
- Input the Cost Budget Reconciliation (CBR)
- Prepare monthly CBR's and report on any variations between approved budget and Estimated Final Cost - EFC with explanation as to reasons of all losses and savings
- Attend pre-start meeting with sub-contractors selected. Contracts Manager and Site Manager to emphasise our requirements prior to placing sub-contract
- Improve site presentation, procure all subcontracts and price up all VC's so that costs can be accurately reported
The successful Quantity Surveyor will ideally be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and have previous experience in a surveying field (minimum of 8-10 years), preferably working on residential and commercial projects. Additional skills required:
- Negotiating final prices and accounts
- Using initiative to make important decisions
- Precision and accuracy, coupled with confidentiality and discretion
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
In return for your skills, my client offers a competitive salary c.£50K along with company benefits including company car/car allowance.
If you are interested in the Quantity Surveyor role and would like to have a confidential chat please contact Rob Boardman at Bromak or apply via the link below.