Ref No: VAC5969_1495181570
Discipline: Site Manager
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £210 per day
Start Date: ASAP
My client are a family run Contractor, who work across several key sectors including Retail, Commercial, Residential, Leisure and Public Sector. As a result of expansion and winning new projects, they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager to work with them on a freelance basis in Sheffield to start immediately.
You will be working on a student accomodation project in Sheffield as the number one Site Manager on the project. Currently, the project is at the first fix stage.
Main reponsibilities as a Site Manager:
- Assisting the Contracts Manager with pre-start details
- Reporting to the Project / Contracts Manager on the progress against the programme
- Maintenance of company required Health & Safety procedures / initiatives including PPE, Site Inductions, Management of Method Statements/Risk Assessments, Work Permits, Scaffold/Lifting equipment inspections
- Adherence to the Company quality standards including Management of defects, compliance with specification, compliance with materials / workmanship schedules, subcontractor code of conduct, considerate Constructors Scheme
- Strong leadership skills
- Assisting with the preparation of the Health and Safety file
- Maintaining and update Construction Phase Health & Safety plan as works proceed
- Liaising with the client, consultants, contract administrator, head office etc
- To be responsible for the opening and closing of the site facilities
- To ensure, along with the Resident Liaison Officer, all relevant resident and public complaints are resolved efficiently
This project is set to run until the end of September but the contractor could have further work available for you in Sheffield on their next project.
A valid CSCS card, SMSTS, First Aid and own transport is essential. You must have a solid background in student accomodation. The day rate is £210.
To apply please send your CV to Danielle Caudwell at Bromak