Ref No: VAC-308100_1528884059
Discipline: Site Manager
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £21 - £22 per hour + Negiotiable
Start Date: 09/07/2018
My client are a Project Management contractor, who work in the following sectors - retail, residential, fit out and commercial. As a result of expansion and new developments, they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Number 1 Site Manager to work with them on a freelance basis.
You will be working on a new build retail park ranging between £20M - £40M in the Chesterfield area. The duration of the contract is 12 - 18 months. Ad hoc travel to the Head Office in Sheffield will also be essential.
As a Site Manager, you will well established and confident in a standalone Site Manager role. You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Contracts Manager with pre-start details
- Reporting to the Project / Contracts Manager on the progress against the programme
- Maintenance of company required Health & Safety procedures / initiatives including PPE, Site Inductions, Management of Method Statements/Risk Assessments, Work Permits, Scaffold/Lifting equipment inspections
- Adherence to the Company quality standards including Management of defects, compliance with specification, compliance with materials / workmanship schedules, subcontractor code of conduct, considerate Constructors Scheme
- Coordination / Leadership of the site team
- Assisting with the preparation of the Health and Safety file
- Maintaining and update Construction Phase Health & Safety plan as works proceed
- Liaising with the client, consultants, contract administrator, head office etc
- To be responsible for the opening and closing of the site facilities
- Management of site facilities; welfare, toilets, offices, compound area etc.
- To assist in the management of project specific preliminaries
- Co-ordinating the Sub-Contractors as appropriate
- Preparation / assistance with the site progress reports
- Safe storage and co-ordination of materials
- To be responsible for the accurate / timely completion of site based documentation
- Attendance at project and company related meetings
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Number 1 Site Manager, who has a proven track record working on new build commercial projects. The ideal candidate will have a solid history in this sector of construction.
You must have a full driving licence, SMSTS, Black CSCS and First Aid at work. The rate is negotiable.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Danielle at Bromak using the contact details provided.