Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Ref No: VAC-305129_1507794629
Discipline: Quantity Surveyor
Location: County Durham
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £18000 - £22000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a newly established Drywalling and Plastering company for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor. The team are looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to assist the Commercial Manager with the various day to day Estimating and Surveying tasks required to keep the commercial department running smoothly; whilst gaining a full understanding of the role.
You will be required to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines; with the ability to handle a varied and at times unbalanced workload. The projects are regional and there will be some ad hoc travel required going to site meetings.
As a Trainee/Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will work closely with the Commercial Manager who will provide full training and support. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing tender documents and understanding the requirements of the specification/drawings
- Taking quantities off drawings and producing accurate price estimates
- Preparing tender submissions in the required format for submission to the Client
- Liaising with Clients throughout the tendering process
- Production of Site Handover Packs upon award of a new contract
- Produce labour targets and material quantities
- Recording and monitoring the progress of works on each site on a weekly basis
- Processing timesheets and subcontract invoices
- Identification, pricing and agreement of variations and day works
- Providing support and dealing with enquiries from the Contracts Manager and other site based personnel
- General administration duties including maintaining up to date matrices containing critical information relating to labour, materials, tender and client information
- Monthly valuations of materials on site
The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand construction drawings and specifications; in addition to strong maths skills. You must also have the ability to use Microsoft Excel and understand and write complicated formula; in addition to good communication skills and the ability to organise and prioritise your workload. You must also hold a full driving license.
The salary range on offer is from £18k - £22k depending upon experience.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Jessica at Bromak using the contact details provided.