Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Ref No: VAC-306764_1520584577
Discipline: Quantity Surveyor
Location: West Yorkshire
Industry: Fit-out, General Construction, House Building, Maintenance, Refurbishment, Trades
Working Hours: Full-Time
Salary: £16000 - £20000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
My client is a reputable housebuilder with sites nationwide. Specialising in 2 - 6 bed homes; our client currently has a requirement in the Huddersfield office for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor due to business expansion.
As an office based Trainee Quantity Surveyor, you will report to the Managing QS who will outline each project to you. You will be responsible for:
- Budget Forecasting
- Pre & post tender
- Monthly valuations
- Undertake Material & Plant reconciliations weekly.
- Administration of Drawing Revisions & Site Records.
- Adhere to Management Plan.
- Support the production of monthly CVR.
- Understanding of cash management.
- Form Relationships with Subcontractors.
- Understand other site job functions.
- Communication with Site Team.
- Promote Company Image.
- Ensure that the supply chain is paid in accordance with the contract.
- Form relationship with the supply chain.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor with either a Quantity Surveying degree or studying towards one at present on a day release basis.
You must have a full driving licence, as travel will be required to sites occasionally.
The salary on offer is up to £20k
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Jessica at Bromak using the contact details provided.