Nick Grimshaw is now an Approved Validator of CPCS Cards
2nd September 2016
Earlier this month, Nick Grimshaw, one of Bromak’s Senior Recruitment Consultants, became an Approved Validator of CPCS cards. This means that Nick is now able to approve the number of hours a candidate has worked, which allows you to go on to upgrade your card.
CPCS Trained Operator card
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme – Trained Operator card (red) is a two year card that is not renewable. There are many requirements to hit before you can be in possession of this card, all of which are outlined here.
CPCS Competent Operator card
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme – Competent Operator card (blue) lasts for up to five years and is renewable. There are various criteria you need to hit before you’re able to upgrade from a Trained Operator to a Competent Operator card, which you can find out about here.
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme itself demands that an Employer is responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules of the Scheme in order to renew a Competent Operator card. The delegate must have their relevant experience endorsed by an individual who is able to confirm the experience on a specific machine or piece of equipment, this is where Nick at Bromak can help.
When a delegate applies to have their Competent Operator card renewed, an independent declaration from the Approved Validator is required in order to confirm:
- The applicant currently holds a valid Competent Operator card.
- The applicant’s given details are correct and the included photograph is a true like-ness of the applicant
- The applicant’s CITB Health, Safety and Environment test pass is valid and in date
- The applicant’s CPCS renewal test pass (for each category that is being renewed) is valid and in date
- The applicant has proven their operating ability through achieving the CPCS Practical Test and recording the minimum number of hours in a CPCS Logbook
If you’re looking for work as a CPCS Operative, want to gain your CPCS Trained Operator card or upgrade your existing Trained Operator card to a Competent Operator card, don’t hesitate to call us on 01204 554 884.Go Back